Tip of the Week – Drywall Report
In this edition of “Tip of the Week”:
Do you need a drywall takeoff on your estimation project?
PrebuiltML can produce a drywall report based on inputs you made for your lumber take off. This report has information that can be used in the project lists for drywall estimating.
The Drywall Report
Here’s how you do it:
1. Go to the drop down menu “Tools”, in the tools drop down menu select “Drywall Report”. You will be prompted to save this file.
2. Go to the Drywall Report file and open, this file can be opened in Excel and will appear similar to the image above.
The report separates information into categories of:
• Living Space Walls – This is the information that will help the estimator determine the amount of drywall that is needed for all interior wall surfaces of a project based on entries made for the wall assemblies estimated for lumber.
• Garage Space Walls – This is the information that will help the estimator determine the amount of drywall that is needed for the interior of the garage, based on the garage wall assemblies estimated for lumber.
• Ceiling Gyp – This is the information that will help the estimator determine the amount of drywall that is needed for the ceilings. This information is generated from entries made for “Floor Decking”. In situations where there is no floor decking, such as “On slab construction”, the area tool can be used to calculate the square footage and that sum can be entered into the list (shown below).
When creating the drywall estimate on a project, the drywall report gives the estimator a source of information which can be entered into the “Drywall Pack”. Insulation and Base Trim figures are also provided in the drywall report.
Questions? We want to know! You’re our #1 priority!
Also, check out our Support Page